History: 10 km west of Evreux, Caugé, located in a transition between Evrecin and the plain of Neubourg, kept its rural Norman character. The Latin name Caugéum enough to convince his Celtic origin. It was transformed into Cangy the 14th century, in Conchiers in 1406 at least, finally Caugey to the current form of Caugé. The town has three hamlets: The Mareux, Branville and Morand.
Monument : The Notre Dame Church is a small building of the 16th century made of a stone and flint checkerboard, without buttress, several graffiti covered the southern facade. Manoir Henri IV: reception room, private property.
Site : Caugé lists no fewer than 32 registered ponds. Registering helps protect them but also limits any drainage problem.
- Restaurant : A la Bon’Heure
- Local product : la Bikette Caugéenne, élevage de chèvre et production
- Ecole : maternelle, primaire, cantine et garderie