History : We find trace of Gauciel under the name of Walsiardus (Wald designating a forest and Siardus the owner name) in a charter of Richard II in 1020 who gave back to Jumieges the Property of Gauciel and Jouy sur Eure (then Gaudacius). Galsardum was given to the Abbey of Jumièges by William Longsword in 930. Gauciel formed a barony dependent on this abbey.
Monument : Saint Peter’s Church 17th and 18th centuries, mainly flint. The front porch is timbered and carved key overcomes the gate. The barn of the manor shows important remains of the domain of Jumièges monks: wall, remains of the mansion with mullioned windows, dovecot. This is one of the most beautiful barns of the 15th century in the region.
- Local products : Clos Cerisey apple products, Ferme de Grand Mère “foie gras”
- Self catering loft Clos du Manoir
– Cycle trail : circuit Villages en fleurs
– Discovery of the pond