History : Guichainville gathered in 1808 Melleville and Bérouby imperial decree . The village is composed of three hamlets: Melleville, Bérou and Fumeçon and the town. In thirty years, Guichainville has become a very residential area due to its proximity to Evreux and major roads that pass through it. The Roman road was built for military purposes, which favored the invasions. The main streets are the streets of the Dime, St Aubin and Les Moissonneurs: we find here most town buildings: schools, town hall, meeting room, library, sports field. Note: in 1848 King Louis Philippe was welcomed at the Château de Melleville during his flight to England.
Monuments : The Notre Dame Church was in the 16th century under the patronage of the Three Mary : St. Mary Salome, St. Mary Cléophaste and St. Mary Magdalene. It has a series of stone and wood 16th century statues. It was completely rebuilt in the 15th and 16th centuries, its façade has a Latin cross with stones and bricks .Mass on Saturday evening. The Castle Buisson Garembourg was built in the 16th century and enlarged in the 19th. Bérou Castle now houses social association. The stronghold of Fumeçon was organized around the Allaire farm, beautiful house of the 17th century: nobility was highlighted by a dovecote in ruins.
Restaurants : L’Atelier au Centre équestre, nombreux autour de l’hypermarché
Accommodation : self catering la maison de marie
– Cycle trail : circuit gallo-romain
– Discovery of the pond