History : The village is very old creation, since from 1030 the church of West and two mansions were given by the first Duke Robert the office to the poor of Evreux. The town’s fate is linked from 1170, owned by priest”Geoffroy Huest” aka “Monseigneur Huet” with the lords of Huest. Late 17th century, the fief was sold to Mr. Duval, Advisor Présidial Evreux. Since 1790 the town was managed by 34 mayors (or similar) has seen its population increase from 38 to 600 people. Patrie of Alexandra Ledermann, one of the world’s best horse riders, bronze medalist at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 in an individual event of obstacle jumps is from Huest.
Monuments : Porch of the abbey farm of the 13th century: its appearance can suggest the importance of rural area. Circular dovecote of the 16th century in the grounds of the former abbey farm dependent (private property). The Church of St. Peter, built in 1860 and inaugurated in 1863, belongs to the priory of Saint Nicolas. It has some remarkable pieces: a Pieta and two statues of St. Martha and St. Margaret.