History: The earliest mention that is preserved in the parish dates from the mid 12th century in the Latin form of “Plesseia Gorhan”. Around 1160, Simon de Grohan gave the church du Plessis Saint Pierre to the chapter of Evreux. The inhabitants of Plessis Grohan had use rights in the forest of Evreux. Both rural and residential, the Grohan Plessis is the result of a feudal construction. It gathers five hamlets indeed most of them fiefs, which partly explains the richness and diversity of place names: Garel Plessis Grohan, The Ervolus, The Brulins.
20km long, the Gallo-Roman aqueduct led the waters of the Iton from Saint Sylvain Mills to Evreux Old and crossed the Grohan Plessis.
Monument : The Church of St. Pierre was built in the 14th and 16th centuries, a sacristy was built in the north-east in the 18th century. It has a statue of St. Apollonia, a high relief with St. Clothilde and a bas-relief depicting the life of Christ. Manor of the 16th century Mansion House and dovecote (private property).
- Accommodation: B&b Haras du Vieux Clos
– Cycle trail : Circuit des Dolmens
– Discovery of the pond