History : The City is the result of the union of Notre-Dame de St Jean, Morsent et Saint Sébastien du Bois Gencelin in 1844. The city was a place of pilgrimage which has developed with the black plague and after. The town, which had about 240 inhabitants until 1930, has benefited froman accession program commissioned by the Minister of Housing, M Chalandon for its development. It forms with Arnières on Iton residential suburb of Evreux.
Monument : The Saint Sébastien Bois Gencelin Church belonged to the Abbey Saint Taurin of Evreux. The nave dates from the late 15th century, the choir and most of the windows of the 19th century. Interesting furniture, including a crucifix from the 17th century, altarpieces, bas-reliefs depicting scenes from the life of Christ, funds baptismal rebirth of cruet, candlesticks and a chalice 17th century.
L’église Saint Sébastien du Bois Gencelin appartenait à l’abbé de Saint Taurin d’Evreux. La nef date de la fin du 15è siècle, le chœur et la plupart des fenêtres sont du 19è siècle.
– Cycle trail : circuit à la conquête de l’ouest
– Hiking : circuit des Mares, circuit du Bois de Morsent
– Discovery of the Pond